VP, Financial Planning & Analysis, Analytics, and Operational Accounting
We've been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world's first branded motor oil. Today, we're a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence. We're looking for humble, hungry, and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you're looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you've come to the right place.
At Valvoline, "It all starts with our people." Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Valvoline Inc. (NYSE: VVV) has annual sales of $1.2 billion and adjusted operating income of over $300 million. The Vice President, FP&A, Analytics, and Operational Accounting will lead the strategic direction and functional operations of Valvoline's financial planning, analytics, and operational accounting. This role will be responsible for monthly and quarterly performance reporting and analysis, forecasting, planning, annual budgeting, and business decision support. The VP, FP&A will manage a team of finance professionals and work closely with senior business leaders, including the CFO, to maintain an understanding of the profit and loss statement, balance sheet, cash flow, and financial drivers for maximizing performance and Valvoline's shareholder value.
This high-profile leader will interact with and influence multiple levels of executive and senior management within and outside the organization (consultants, contractors, subsidiaries). He/She will manage the FP&A function in a data-driven, high-performance, and complex business model, communicating performance and results across the business to identify/explain key factors and variances. They will help the Core Leadership Team evaluate financial resource allocation, areas of focus for improvement, and how external factors may affect the financial results of the business.
What You'll Do:
• Perform as a primary finance partner to the CFO of Valvoline, Inc.
• Manage the FP&A function in a data-driven, high-performance, complex business model.
• Oversee the development of budgets, forecasts, and supporting analysis for applicable business units.
• Drive forecast accuracy and accountability.
• Communicate performance and results across the business, including senior management, to identify/explain key factors and variances.
• Utilize key drivers for financial and strategic planning. Build long-term financial forecasts to support strategic decisions.
• Work with the VP of Investor Relations and CFO to communicate future estimated financial forecasts.
• Oversee the operational accounting operations and related activities, partnering with the VP, Chief Accounting Officer and their extended team. Ensure consistent processes and procedures that are efficient and timely.
• Partner with the leadership teams as a trusted advisor and partner. Leverage data and analytics to help derive actionable next steps.
• Oversee implementation of the S/4 Hana ERP system, utilizing key business partners and industry best practices to streamline and simplify current processes.
• Lead, coach, and develop a team of four direct reports and extended team of approx. 20 employees.
• Empower team members with accountability and ownership. Achieve success through others with clear direction on priorities and goals.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience, including similar leadership roles
• Prefer experience with a North American multi-unit public company, ideally $1+ billion annual revenue
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or related degree; MBA preferred
• CPA preferred
• SAP and S/4 Hana experience helpful
• Successful experience supporting the long-term view of a company's business and vision through adherence to strong accounting / FP&A processes
• Demonstrated and strong knowledge of financial activities, policies, and processes, including P&L, cash flow, and long-range plans
• An emphasis on Functional Excellence to ensure accuracy and the development of financial acumen within the FP&A function
• Willingness and ability to adapt to the rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
• Strong history and discipline in supporting and developing a team
• Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
• HSA and flexible spending accounts
• Incentive opportunity*
• Life insurance
• Short and long-term disability insurance
• Paid vacation and holidays*
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee discounts
• Tuition reimbursement*
• Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 39767