State Tax Accountant
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
At Valvoline, “It all starts with our people.” Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a State Tax Accountant. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The State Tax Accountant is an entry-level corporate tax department position for accounting professionals interested in pursuing careers in corporate tax and will support Valvoline's Senior Tax Accountant on all aspects of the U.S. State and Local tax compliance process. Duties include preparing U.S. State and Local income tax returns and year-end tax provisions based on financial accounting books and records and supporting/administering Valvoline's Tax Technology. Additionally, the position will support Valvoline’s Legal Tax Accountant with 1099 filings, tax controversy matters, tax credits and incentives, and other tax compliance. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Preparing and processing federal, state, and local income returns, including supporting work papers and analysis.
- Preparing and processing state and local income estimated payment calculations and returns.
- Preparing tax provision calculations, work papers, and supporting schedules based on SAP financial records.
- Supporting/administering the Corptax and SharePoint platforms.
- Supporting tax controversy/tax audit defense/tax authority inquiries.
- Supporting research and analyzing tax law changes and the impacts on Valvoline.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably Accounting) or equivalent combination of experience and education (“ECEE”)
- Minimum of one year of experience required
- Should possess sound computer skills and be able to understand basic financial data
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products (Word, PPT, Outlook)
- A Plus - Experience with tax software a plus (i.e., OneSource, Corptax, Vertex, etc.)
- A Plus - Experience with ERP systems a plus (i.e., SAP, JD Edwards, etc.)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (or CPA Eligible)
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 40167