Sr. Master Data Technician
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
At Valvoline, “It all starts with our people.” Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Sr. Master Data Technician. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Sr. Master Data Technician will process many types of master data (i.e., Customer, Material, Vendor, Pricing) to create new values and update existing entries. They will work with many different areas of the business, including customer service, operations personnel, accounts payable, etc. They will have to follow business rules to maintain quality and ensure accurate data. They will have opportunities to grow their knowledge of the company and increase their understanding of SAP and how it is used at Valvoline. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Collaborating with the businesses and resource groups, including Purchasing, EH&S, Customer Service, Accounting/Finance, and Technical, to ensure understanding of master data requests, processes, and standards.
- Maintaining supporting documentation in compliance with established record retention requirements.
- Prioritizing among competing demands to research problems and clarify requests.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of master data standards and processes and an understanding of the business and how the data supports the business. Providing this knowledge to the business to facilitate the maintenance of master data.
- Analyzing data against standards and working with the businesses to correct problem areas.
- Creating and maintaining master data (i.e., customers, vendors, materials) submitted by the businesses and ensuring that the data complies with the appropriate standards and is completed within the defined service metrics.
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of experience in Master data or relevant business
- Experience in SAP
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Lotus Notes, and Outlook
- Proficient in both oral and written communication skills
- Strong mathematical skills
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor's degree
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.