Sr. Manager, ERP
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
At Valvoline, “It all starts with our people.” Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Sr. Manager, ERP. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced Sr. Manager for ERP to lead our S4 finance team, which is provided through 3rd party managed services. As a Senior Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing the successful implementation, maintenance, and optimization of our ERP system, specifically focusing on S4 finance modules and services. Your expertise and leadership will drive operational efficiency, financial management, and business process improvements across the organization. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Leading and managing the S4 finance team, ensuring the team's effectiveness and productivity in supporting the organization's financial operations. Includes but not limited to:
- Support education needs of business partners for:
- New or problematic areas of the system/process
- Master data
- Report execution
- Support interfaces with other internal or external systems and partners
- Support after-hours and on-call batch jobs
- Coordinate with third parties to apply upgrades, changes, and data updates to ensure that system components are fully compliant
- Assist business partners with auditing activities by providing data, reports, or other information to satisfy auditor requests
- Support education needs of business partners for:
- Collaborating with stakeholders to understand their business requirements and translate them into effective ERP solutions.
- Overseeing the implementation, configuration, and maintenance of the S4 finance modules and services, ensuring adherence to best practices and industry standards:
- Perform configuration for modules in your area of responsibility
- Test solution during development to determine areas of improvement
- Coordinate or assist with data gathering, data review, data loads, and process education
- Implement solution into the production system
- Support business partners during hyper care immediately after the go-live of new functionality
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with the third-party managed services provider, ensuring effective collaboration and service delivery.
- Providing guidance and mentorship to the team members, fostering their professional growth, and ensuring their skills remain current.
- Analyzing existing business processes and identifying opportunities for improvement, streamlining workflows, and enhancing overall operational efficiency.
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to integrate the ERP system with other enterprise applications, ensuring data integrity and seamless information flow.
- Staying updated with the latest trends and advancements in ERP systems, finance processes, and related technologies, recommending new solutions to enhance our systems and processes.
- Collaborating with internal audit and compliance teams to conduct regular audits and identify potential risks or areas for improvement within the ERP system.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in computer science, Proven experience (minimum 8 years) in managing ERP systems, specifically with a focus on S4 finance modules
- A minimum of 15 years of business and IT experience
- A minimum of 10 years of SAP Finance module project implementation experience, or a Master’s degree and three years of experience
- A minimum of five years of integration experience with other process areas
- A minimum of four years of leadership experience on SAP implementation projects
- Experience in multiple, full-lifecycle SAP implementations, at least one being a S/4HANA implementation
- Prior experience as a Finance User in information management, finance, or a related field
- Strong knowledge of SAP S4/HANA, financial accounting principles, and related finance processes
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with a track record of leading and developing high-performing teams
- Experience working with third-party managed service providers and effectively managing vendor relationships
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a proactive approach to identifying and resolving issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated project management skills, with the ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously and deliver results within defined timelines
- Strong understanding of data privacy and security principles, with experience in ensuring compliance within an ERP environment
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- SAP S4/HANA experience
- SAP Retail Industry experience
- Experience configuring multiple SAP modules
- Professional certifications in SAP S4/HANA or related ERP systems
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.