Sr. FP&A Analyst - Remote
It All Starts with Our People
As the leader in automotive preventive maintenance, Valvoline has a proven track record of growth. We continue to invest in our people, processes, and technology to strengthen our ability to efficiently deliver Quick, Easy, Trusted service across all our stores – every day. We're not just in the car business; we're in the people business. And we're looking for humble, hungry, and smart people to help us shape the future of mobility. If you're hungry to drive change and seek a dynamic, collaborative environment that fuels both personal and professional growth, you've found your place with us.
Our highest priority is creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Sr. FP&A Analyst. The Sr. FP&A Analyst assists with the forecasting, planning, reporting, and analyzing the balance sheet and cash flow statements (including a detailed focus on capital expenditures) on a recurring annual and long-range basis. The role will also maintain responsibilities forecasting corporate items on the income statement (interest, taxes, share repurchase impact, etc.) as well as incentive payment calculations, modeling economic impacts of strategic capital investments, and providing other ad-hoc financial modeling/analysis as requested.
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Reporting & Analysis - Assisting in providing in-depth analysis of financial performance and health. This is a skill dependent on effectively communicating with the functional leadership teams to determine how the function is performing and what could be causing variances in the forecasts and plans.
- Forecasting - With effective analysis of past history and key operating metrics, the analyst will assist in determining appropriate forecasts. These “Latest Estimates” (LEs) are completed monthly, combining actual year-to-date results with forecasts for the remaining months of the year. The objective of the forecasting process is to provide the most accurate financial guidance possible to senior management.
- Strategic Financial Planning- Assist in creating annual and long-range plans for functional departments and segments which results in a fiscal year and 3-5 year operating plan, creating concrete proposals to optimize operating expenses, capital structure, and business performance
- Risk Management- Minimize financial risk by identifying and averting potential negative consequences from certain investments or business decisions
- Decision Making- Use a combination of the responsibilities mentioned above to generate business scenarios and recommendations with the ability to influence the business in order to drive optimal performance.
- Financial Modeling - Developing and maintaining financial models related to cash flow, balance sheet, capex, and other corporate financial activities as well as ad-hoc analyses
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, accounting, international business, or a related field
- Minimum of five years of experience in accounting, finance, or related field
- Strong analytical skills, financial planning, and analysis background
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, with flexibility and adaptability
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity and maturity in working with confidential and sensitive material
- Effective communication and presentation (creation/facilitation) skills with all levels of management
- Must be customer focused, seek continuous improvement, and be highly self-directed
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- MBA and/or CPA
- Work experience within large global corporate environment
We Take Care of the WHOLE You
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Your Path to Valvoline
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Join us in revolutionizing the automotive aftermarket industry while enjoying competitive benefits, a supportive work culture, and opportunities for advancement. Apply now and become an integral part of our journey at Valvoline.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request to applicants with disabilities to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.