Sr. Engineer, Active Directory (AD)/Microsoft O365 Suite
It All Starts with Our People
As the leader in automotive preventive maintenance, Valvoline has a proven track record of growth. We continue to invest in our people, processes, and technology to strengthen our ability to efficiently deliver Quick, Easy, Trusted service across all our stores – every day. We're not just in the car business; we're in the people business. And we're looking for humble, hungry, and smart people to help us shape the future of mobility. If you're hungry to drive change and seek a dynamic, collaborative environment that fuels both personal and professional growth, you've found your place with us.
Our highest priority is creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Sr. Engineer, Active Directory (AD)/Microsoft O365 Suite. The Sr. Engineer, Active Directory (AD)/Microsoft O365 Suite is responsible for the design, implementation, roadmap, strategies, and support of technical services provided within on-premises AD and the Microsoft O365 suite, including, but not limited to the following: AD, Azure AD, SharePoint, Teams, OneDrive, Outlook. This role will ensure effective and timely resolution of problems and issues as well as providing leadership in problem-solving/remediation of issues. Typical responsibilities include establishing operational plans for the job area; developing and implementing new products, processes, standards, or operational plans that will have an impact on the achievement of functional results; and effectively communicating with leadership.
How You’ll Make a Difference
- Implementing advanced functions of the O365 Security and Compliance Center, Microsoft Federation Integration, Azure, and Identity Management.
- Serving as a Domain Administrator for the on-premises Active Directory forests and domains
- Designing, implementing, and managing the various items in the O365 platform (e.g., SharePoint Online, Teams, PowerBI, Security and Compliance Center, etc.). Understanding the interdependencies with other enterprise services in the O365/Azure technology stack and licensing, features, and policies.
- Managing end-to-end systems design, capacity planning, and performance management to meet systems requirements while identifying opportunities for automation, cost savings, and service quality improvement.
- Maintaining knowledge of and applying industry best practices for the O365 platform. Assisting with the evaluation and selection of existing and emerging technologies and the options best fitting business and IT strategic needs.
- Identifying, developing, and implementing continuous process improvements and best practices in all areas (e.g., process, metrics, performance, etc.) to enable accurate, efficient, and effective systems operations and customer satisfaction.
- Troubleshooting complex technical issues and perform root cause analysis for major outages and incidents, engineer permanent solutions to issues and implement solutions as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of five years of experience as an O365 engineer.
- Expert knowledge of on-premises Active Directory infrastructure management and experience as a Domain Administrator
- Knowledge of Azure Active Directory and the Microsoft Identity Platform
- Experience in designing and implementing identity and conditional access
- Experience with on-premises Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, and hybrid deployments
- Implementation of advanced functions of the Office 365 Security and Compliance Center, Microsoft Federation Integration with Office 365, Azure, and Identity Management
- Deep experience with public folder and PST migration complexities
- Experience with PowerShell, LDAP, Active Directory, Azure, file transfer protocols, APIs, and troubleshooting data flows
- Familiarity with application monitoring tools, reviewing log files, and being available occasionally for off-hours emergency support for critical applications
- Familiarity with Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB) technology
- PowerShell scripting expertise within Office 365, Azure AD, Teams, and SharePoint. In-depth knowledge of authorization and authentication in Microsoft hybrid environments, including Azure AD, Single Sign On (SSO), and Multi Factor Authentication (MFA)
- Excellent customer service skills, including verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and projects
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Microsoft 365 Certified Administrator Expert
- Microsoft 365 Certified Collaboration Communications Systems Engineer Associate
- Relevant technical and process certifications (ITIL, Cisco, Fortinet, Microsoft, etc.)
We Take Care of the WHOLE You
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Your Path to Valvoline
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Join us in revolutionizing the automotive aftermarket industry while enjoying competitive benefits, a supportive work culture, and opportunities for advancement. Apply now and become an integral part of our journey at Valvoline.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request to applicants with disabilities to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.