Sr. Application Systems Specialist - SAP Basis
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
At Valvoline, “It all starts with our people.” Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Sr. Application Systems Specialist - SAP Basis. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Sr. Application Systems Specialist - SAP Basis role will be responsible for supporting the end-to-end service delivery of the SAP Basis area. This role will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of internal IT and managed service provider activities related to SAP Basis. Additionally, serving as the Basis lead contact for multiple service providers and business users to schedule SAP system activities. This role will take on a technical leadership role to provide guidance to peers and other IT teams for the delivery of solutions related to SAP technologies. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Providing day-to-day technical support for the SAP systems, platforms, and associated services in scope by working directly with users to research, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in accordance with service level agreements and operational level agreements. This may require interaction with other internal IT teams, managed service providers, and other vendors to resolve and provide proper communication for scheduled and unscheduled SAP activities to ensure transparency to business stakeholders.
- Working closely with cross-functional stakeholders to execute and deliver technical projects and initiatives.
- Working with IT security, network, hosting, and application teams to align with all best practices, comply with industry standards/applicable certifications, and provide quality and efficient end-to-end solutions.
- Coordinating and providing oversight of managed service providers in the design and delivery of services in line with ITIL best practices, including leading meetings to set expectations and prioritize SAP Basis deliverables.
- Assisting the team in creating strategy and roadmap, working closely with other areas of Valvoline IT and business groups. This includes assisting in hardware and software evaluations.
- Participating in the planning and implementation of SAP system upgrades and projects.
- Working as a project resource in representing IT and Valvoline's interest in technology items related to SAP Basis.
- Tracking and coordinating actions based on regular security releases from SAP. Applying and migrating SAP maintenance (hot packages and kernel upgrades) through all systems using a structured methodology.
- Participating in monthly release planning and deployment of cloud applications.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business Administration (or higher) in an IT-related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of eight years of experience in applying information technology solutions
- Minimum of five years of hands-on experience in administration and management of SAP applications, specifically in SAP S/4 RISE systems, SAP BW/4HANA, integration of different Cloud/On-Premises and Third-Party Systems
- Must have experience across multiple SAP components: SAP S/4HANA, Fiori Launchpad, SAP GRC, SAP BW/4HANA, SAP BI-BOBJ, SAC, Solution Manager, BTP, Cloud Connector, HANADB, Data Provisioning, etc.
- Knowledge of IT-related concepts needed to troubleshoot administrative issues.
- Strong knowledge in installation, upgrade, and configurations of the following activities: SAP add-ons, SAP GUI, kernel, SAP Notes, system refreshes, client administration, Web Dispatcher, load balancing, STMS, and RFC connections.
- Experience in activation and management of Certificates, SSO, Kerberos, STRUST, SMICM, SAML, and SICF Service
- Knowledge in integration and administration of Hana Enterprise Cloud into on-premises environments
- Intermediate knowledge of SAP BTP, SAP Cloud Platform, Cloud Foundry, API Management, HANA DB Administration, HANA DB Security, Smart Data Integration and SAP Cloud Connector
- Knowledge in the maintenance of subaccounts, including the provisioning of applications in CF spaces and instances, Administration, monitoring, service & user management, connectivity, and support of SAP Cloud Products
- Experience in Solution Manager and CHaRM Configuration, Early Watch Configuration, Printer Management, HANA DB Authorization, Role design and SAP Sizing, etc.
- Knowledge of SAP Analytics Cloud administrative functions, BW/4HANA administration, and object activations
- Knowledge of web applications, 3rd party integrations, and administration best practices
- Knowledge of SAP Support model and how to engage SAP enterprise support
- Knowledge of DevOps methodology and best change management practices
- Common knowledge of integration best practices and the ability to architect solutions
- Able to follow ITIL processes when working with a Managed Service Provider that provides infrastructure support
- Knowledge of SLAs with incident, change, and problem management, coordination, and resolution
- Knowledge of architecture design, principles, deployment processes, tools and techniques
- Intermediate knowledge of security administration policies, compliance, standards, processes, and guidelines
- Understanding of concepts regarding scalability and continuous integration
- Experience with Windows and Unix operating systems
- Experience with O365 tools
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and implement functional proof of concepts to aid business innovation
- Ability to work closely with various IT and business teams in planning, implementation, and problem management
- Ability to coordinate with service providers/vendors to collaborate and ensure technical activities are completed successfully
- Intermediate Knowledge of security administration policies, standards, processes, and guidelines.
- Must be willing to be flexible for evening and weekend work where escalations, projects, or other management initiatives dictate
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.