We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
At Valvoline, “It all starts with our people.” Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Sr. Accountant. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Sr. Accountant performs professional accounting work involving compilation, consolidation, and analysis of financial data. Directly responsible for the preparation of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, fluctuation analysis, and preparation and review of financial reports. Areas of responsibility require some interpretation/decision-making and are of increasing complexity. Areas are managed with minimal oversight of a more experienced team member. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Solid understanding of US GAAP, internal controls, and applicable local regulatory frameworks.
- Ability to take ownership of business areas, including managing company checklists, streamlining processes, and identifying issues for escalation.
- Preparing journal entries and global consolidation of results for monthly financial statements.
- Preparing and monitoring expenses against the monthly corporate budget.
- Preparing monthly balance sheet reconciliations for accounts with moderate complexity.
- Performing SOX controls related to the close and consolidation process.
- Supporting internal and external audits and following financial regulations, laws, and policies.
- Providing timely coaching and feedback (informal) through performing substantive reviews of the work of team members, as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in accounting or equivalent
- Minimum of four years of relevant experience with coaching and development experience
- Microsoft Office Products proficiency (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact and build relationships with internal and external customers
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multitask
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Public accounting / Big 4 experience
- Basic experience with ERP or accounting systems
- SAP experience
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.