Software Engineering Architect
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
At Valvoline, “It all starts with our people.” Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Software Engineering Architect. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Software Engineering Architect will work independently across the business, product, and technology teams to influence the strategies and implementations of Valvoline's future state store applications and data practices. This technical thought leader will create the pattern-based approach for our engineering teams to solve store and customer-facing business problems with a focus on, but not limited to, cloud-based services that enable our existing and future state software solutions. This position will also play a critical role in the adoption of our technology strategies across several audiences, including but not limited to our senior business and technical leadership, our application and data engineering teams, and our internal and external business partners. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Being a thought leader for strategy and collaboration for business and technology leveraging a patterned approach using technologies to enhance our businesses - this should encompass both application and data engineering patterns that make best use of current capabilities and skills.
- Driving understanding, sponsorship, and adoption of solutions and strategies within Valvoline and externally with our franchisees and partners - including but not limited to interactions with senior leadership across all lines of business, as well as with leaders and individual contributors within the technology, partner, and business organizations.
- The practice of engineering champion for engineering ways of working, how technology collaborates with dependent teams and customers of our services, as well as process improvements that contribute to improved outcomes and reduce friction in delivery.
- Creating and communicating positional and recommendation opinions about Valvoline's technology use cases - these would include but not be limited to comparisons of our technical use cases and how others inside and outside our industries are solving similar problems.
- Leading technology evaluations of external capabilities - partnering with Product and Business leaders to specify, assess, and conclude on the fit and function of external capabilities, including but not limited to software products, cloud services, augmentation and consulting services, and industry fit.
- Other duties as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Master's degree in a field related to logical problem solving, including but not limited to computer science, physical sciences, mathematics, music, or language arts - or the equivalent work experience that encompasses a broad scope of complexity and stakeholders
- Must be physically able to travel domestically and complete the related work tasks that accomplish the objectives of the role
- Minimum of ten years of experience in a related field or industry that is focused on the application of technologies to business problems.
- Expert-level knowledge of practical applications of software technologies to business problems
- Communication skills to inform and influence across the full breadth of company leadership, technology teams, and business partners
- Logical problem-solving skills to enable the use of new technology solutions before gaining a full understanding of specifics and syntaxes
- General interest and passion for delivering services and creating new customer experiences
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Licenses or certifications related to technology leadership fundamentals
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.