Shift Leader/Automotive Technician - St. Charles
Geared for the Driven
Interested in a rewarding career with great pay, outstanding benefits and the opportunity to grow? Henley Enterprises Inc, the largest franchisee of Valvoline Instant Oil ChangeSM (VIOC), is hiring Lead Automotive Technicians. If you’re looking for a full-time career with excellent advancement potential, and you have at least 6 months automotive experience and/or one year of retail shift leader/key holder experience, you’ll find it all at VIOC. With an award-winning training program and fair and honest values, we’re here to help you reach every milestone and have some fun in between.
Safety is always top of mind for Valvoline Instant Oil ChangeSM (VIOC), and we want you to know that we are working hard to protect our team members and our guests with our stay-in-your-car oil change process plus newly added safety measures in line with CDC guidelines.
What you'll do
As a Lead Automotive Technician, you will help drive the continued success of VIOC by providing reliable and impeccable preventive maintenance service. You will also play a role in your service centers success by taking on key holder responsibilities and managing the team when needed. If you are ready to take the initiative, we’re here to help you put your career on the fast-track to success.
- Build trust and win repeat, loyal customers
- Perform and train others on automotive preventive maintenance such as changing oil, checking and refilling other vehicle fluids, replacing filters, and inspecting and replacing lights and wipers
- Follow opening and closing procedures such as balancing cash drawers, handling cash deposits, and managing the security system
- Supervise and delegate tasks to team members when a manager is not present
- Assist the Service Center Manager (SCM) and Assistant Service Center Manager (ASCM) in the daily operation and oversight of the service center
- Become familiar with Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) compliance and other policies and procedures
- Help maintain a clean, well-organized service center and facilitate a safe and secure working environment
How you'll succeed
- You are friendly and willing to work as part of customer-focused team
- You have some experience in retail and/ or customer service
- Have effective interpersonal, oral communication skills
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages
- Knowledge of cash handling, facility and safety control policies and practices
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time and climb stairs
- Have full mobility and are able to twist, stoop and bend
- At least 6 months automotive experience and/or one year of retail shift leader/key holder experience
- Flexible work schedule & competitive pay starting at $15.25/hour!
- Paid on-the-job training, based upon a nationally awarded training program
- We promote from within– 95% of upper management started in an entry level position
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation and sick time*
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plans*
*Terms and conditions apply and benefits may differ depending on location
Henley Enterprises, Inc. and its affiliates are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 205ffaf8-8610-49f6-92f1-97694c219fa3