Senior Privacy and Compliance Counsel
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
At Valvoline, “It all starts with our people.” Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Senior Privacy and Compliance Counsel. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Senior Privacy and Compliance Counsel will lead the privacy and compliance legal functions and engage collaboratively with the business as a subject matter expert on privacy, information security, and corporate compliance matters. The role works closely with Valvoline's marketing, franchise, information security, HR, risk/audit, and other functional teams. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Overseeing Valvoline's compliance with US and Canadian privacy and cybersecurity laws and regulations.
- Designing, owning, and managing the ethics and compliance program and ensuring adequate policies, procedures, and controls are effectively in place to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Reporting regularly to the Board and senior leadership on privacy and ethics and compliance updates.
- Partnering with IT to lead the maturation of Valvoline's privacy program operations.
- Providing strategic level advice to key business partners as the ethics and compliance and privacy expert.
- Engaging and managing external counsel and the compliance hotline.
What You’ll Need
- An advanced degree in law (J.D.)
- Experience with corporate compliance and privacy
- Minimum of five years practicing law in-house and/or at a large law firm
What Will Set You Apart
- Data privacy (CIPP) and/or cybersecurity certification (CISSP)
- Experience at a national retailer
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.