Outside Sales Manager
It All Starts with Our People
As the leader in automotive preventive maintenance, Valvoline has a proven track record of growth. We continue to invest in our people, processes, and technology to strengthen our ability to efficiently deliver Quick, Easy, Trusted service across all our stores – every day. We're not just in the car business; we're in the people business. And we're looking for humble, hungry, and smart people to help us shape the future of mobility. If you're hungry to drive change and seek a dynamic, collaborative environment that fuels both personal and professional growth, you've found your place with us.
Our highest priority is creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as an Outside Sales Manager (aka Business Development Manager). In this role, you will work to identify and present potential acquisition opportunities for Valvoline Instant Oil Change quick lube locations to both our company and franchisees in Kentucky, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, and Florida (80% travel required). Additionally, this role will be responsible for driving sales of Valvoline Express Care units in the assigned territory. The successful candidate will use their influencing skills and utilize internal and external resources to identify and submit potential acquisitions to Valvoline or our franchisees. They will also focus on converting independent quick lube locations to the Valvoline Express Care platform. As the expert in this territory, you will need to have a thorough understanding of the quick lube market, the stores, and owners in the area, and all the benefits of Valvoline's quick lube platform for successful execution.
Valvoline Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY.Given the territory of responsibility, you must live in KY, TN, MS, AL, GA, and FL to apply.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Prospecting - Identifying and targeting owners/operators in the territory for further advancement of opportunity in the process.
- Discovery - Gaining all possible knowledge of the opportunity prior to the first conversation with him/her to be better prepared and facilitate a more meaningful first meeting.
- Influencing/Selling - Once stores or stores are known as opportunities to Valvoline, influence is applied to bring about a decision by the owner.
- Submission of Opportunity – Developing a package aligning the desires of opportunity and Valvoline. If acquired, the package is prepared/submitted for consideration. If conversion, the package is submitted for approval and further selling.
- Network Builder - Cultivating relationships and network owners with industry leaders and trade associations to expand business intelligence and manage a strong sales pipeline.
- CRM Fluency - Maintaining full competence in Zoho.com to track, report, and manage opportunities from prospecting and cold calling to influencing and closing processes.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience influencing outcomes in a long sales cycle
- Experience working in-depth with entrepreneurs and small businesses
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must possess the ability to build trusted relationships, listen and understand prospect needs and wants, influence the outcomes to satisfy the needs of Valvoline and the prospect, and work in a process-based atmosphere at an aggressive pace
- LexisNexis knowledge
- Background and experience in the quick lube or quick automotive maintenance business
- Zoho.com proficiency
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We Take Care of the WHOLE You
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Your Path to Valvoline
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Join us in revolutionizing the automotive aftermarket industry while enjoying competitive benefits, a supportive work culture, and opportunities for advancement. Apply now and become an integral part of our journey at Valvoline.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request to applicants with disabilities to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.com to request reasonable accommodation during any point in the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 45808