We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
At Valvoline, “It all starts with our people.” Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Maintenance Supervisor.We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
Under the direction and supervision of the Regional Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the oversight and management of the daily maintenance operations within the corporate Valvoline Instant Oil Change store locations. This role is responsible for providing support and direction regarding maintenance work orders and allocation of resources, both internal and external, to ensure prompt and accurate work order completion. The Maintenance Supervisor directly manages internal Maintenance Technicians and provides direction for the development and improvement of the Maintenance Technicians within their assigned areas. The Maintenance Supervisor is also responsible for the management of the Capital and Expense projects and budgets for their assigned store locations. This position will require the Maintenance Supervisor to possess and demonstrate high levels of organization, communication, and collaboration with Leadership, vendors, counterparts, as well as the Operations team, including Directors and Market / Area Managers. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Management of work order assignment and completion utilizing internal maintenance technicians and external vendors. Planning, coordinating, and overseeing completion of projects and equipment replacement as needed.
- Management of internal maintenance technicians by providing oversight, direction, coaching, and feedback to improve performance and foster growth.
- Reviewing and utilizing scorecard data as well as other sources of information to provide efficient and effective maintenance operations.
- Reviewing and processing work order invoices, including confirmation that goods and/or services were received and/or properly completed and costs allocated correctly (Capital and Expense).
What You’ll Need
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Vocational training or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five years in the Maintenance and/or Facilities field
- Minimum of three years of experience leading a team
- Oversight and/or management of maintenance and/or facilities operations at multiple locations
- Strong project management skills
- Extensive knowledge of maintenance methods, operating requirements, and safety precautions related to maintenance
- Must be customer service oriented
- Proficient use and understanding of CMMS and computer skills (MS Office, Excel, or similar)
- Strong communication skills
- Must have excellent decision-making skills
- Must have excellent problem-solving skills
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Organization and time management
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Knowledge and understanding of OSHA and environmental regulations
- Must be able to:
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Bend and twist their body
- Repeat the same movements
- Kneel, stoop, crouch, and/or craw.
- Use one or two hands to grasp, move, or assemble object.
- Move two or more limbs together (for example, two arms, two legs, or one leg and one arm) while remaining in place
- Lift, push, pull, or carry up to 50 lbs.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 43078