IT Support Specialist
Henley Enterprises, Inc., Henley Pacific LLC, and our associated entities are privately-owned Franchisees of Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC) currently operating over 230 VIOC locations in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Florida and California. The Company has grown rapidly and is projecting continued growth moving forward.
The IT Support Specialist position installs, modifies and makes minor repairs to personal computer hardware and software systems, and provides technical advice and support to system users. This is an hourly, nonexempt position based out of the Miramar office located at 6914 Miramar Rd., San Diego, California. The position reports directly to the I.T. Help Desk & Support Manager. This position will pay $30-$32 per hour based on experience.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Identifies and procures the hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements.
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers, and disk drives on users’ premises.
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Assists in the customization and adaptation of existing programs to meet users’ requirements.
- Provides telephone, in-person, and online support to end-users.
- Coordinates activities with network services and information systems groups.
- Troubleshoot network related issues and outages.
- Provides updates, status, and completion information to manager and/or users, via voice mail, e-mail or in-person communication.
- Refers major hardware problems to service personnel for correction.
- Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications.
- May administer LogMeIn, Net Cloud, e-mail, and Office 365 environments.
- Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Competencies
- Technical capabilities and the ability to learn quickly
- Thoroughness, attention to detail
- Time Management: ability to simultaneously manage multiple priorities
- Clear Communications; verbal and written
- Customer focused orientation
- Ability to interact effectively with internal customers, vendor partners and external constituents as needed.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree or equivalent work experience required
- Two or more years of relevant experience in a technical field
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- 40-50% of work in Company Service Centers and field offices, working under field service environmental conditions.
- 50-60%% of work in a climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk, and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may incidentally be required to stoop, kneel, and crouch, lift weight, or exert a force up to a maximum of 50 pounds.
- A current valid driver’s license and insurability rating is required; regular travel by vehicle will be required.
- Occasional overnight travel to other regions may be required.
The above description is not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the job.