In House Staff Attorney
Looking to continue your professional advancement in a hybrid, flexible work environment with a positive, collaborative, and high growth business?
This midlevel opportunity offers competitive pay, a great benefits package for fulltime employees, annual bonus opportunity, a 401(k) with generous Company match, and potential for continued career development and growth!
Henley Enterprises, Inc. (and our associated entities) is a privately owned Franchisee of Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC). The Company currently operates over 240 service center locations providing fast, easy and trusted vehicle preventative maintenance services in several states including California, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware and Florida.
Together with the General Counsel and Associate General Counsel, responsible for the coordination and delivery of all in-house and outsourced legal services to the Company. The position is based out of the Newton, Massachusetts corporate office on a hybrid office & remote work schedule and is flexible as to part-time or fulltime status and working hours. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
- Draft and negotiate a wide variety of transactional documents dealing with acquisitions (both business assets and real estate), financings, leases, and dispositions.
- Perform real estate due diligence, including title and survey review, and asset and corporate level due diligence.
- Close transactions, including acquisitions, dispositions and financings.
- Supervise claims specialist and assist Company operations team with the negotiating and handling of customer claims and other risk mitigation functions.
- Review and negotiate vendor contracts and agreements, including construction related agreements, service agreements, consulting agreements, and non-disclosure agreements.
- Provide risk mitigation and general legal advice to business teams within the Company.
- Conduct legal research.
- Draft, review, and update template documents.
- Draft, review and update Company policies and procedures necessary to ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Review and respond to subpoena requests for various business units.
- Manage efficient use of outside counsel, including overseeing and consulting with outside counsel, as needed.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong analytical, legal research and drafting skills
- Able to handle multiple and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills, proficient in a PC environment with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Practical Law (or equivalent), and Internet as a research tool
- Superior communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Detail oriented and organized
- Critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong self-motivation and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively as part of a team
- Committed to excellence in service
- Desire to make a measurable impact
- Strong interest in self-improvement, learning and continued professional growth.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BA or BS, JD, admitted to the bar of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- 3 – 5 years of transactional law experience in a law firm and/or in-house corporate capacity
ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- 95% of work in a climate-controlled internal office environment working under normal office conditions
- 5% of work performed in the field which may include the service center environment
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, sit, stand, walk, use hands and fingers to feel and handle, reach with arms and hands, talk and hear. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may incidentally be required to stoop, kneel and crouch, lift weight or exert a force up to a maximum of 20 pounds
- Occasional overnight travel to other areas/regions may be needed.
The above description is not intended to be an "all-inclusive" list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: ac975350-5765-42b1-bc45-f9f5766ea52e