Director of Facilities & Maintenance
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence. We’re looking for humble, hungry, and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
At Valvoline, “It all starts with our people.” Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Director of Facilities and Maintenance. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Director of Facilities and Maintenance will be tasked with the creation, oversight, and execution of maintenance, facilities, and remodel programs. He/she will lead a team that will promptly address and resolve all maintenance or facility-related issues across Valvoline’s portfolio of corporate locations. This individual will also lead a comprehensive remodel program involving capital reinvestment to provide preventative maintenance to the aging asset base to ensure all locations meet Brand Standards. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Overseeing a comprehensive remodel program to address Valvoline’s aging asset base and to ensure brand standards are being met.
- Directing any maintenance issues as they arise in existing stores and maintaining a record of service for each while communicating timing and remedies with Ops partners.
- Managing any facilities-related issues as they arise in existing stores (Infrastructure, structural integrity) and maintaining a record of service for each while communicating timing and remedies with Ops partners.
- Working with franchisees to offer support and “Best Practices.”
- Fostering and maintaining strong vendor relationships.
- Communicating frequently with Ops partners to understand and address needs in existing locations.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience
- Minimum of seven years of leading programs and teams in the retail construction industry
- Experience vetting and onboarding vendors, maintaining schedules, reinvestments, and remodeling work
- Experience in permitting processes and all due diligence functions
- Team building and leadership
- Experience in creating and executing large programs
- Experience in forecasting budgets and timelines
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.