Director, Leadership and Organizational Development
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
At Valvoline, “It all starts with our people.” Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Director, Leadership and Organizational Development. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Leadership and Organizational Development Director is responsible for the design and implementation of strategies to improve the efficiency, effectiveness, and performance of your teams. They will leverage various methodologies and tools to assess the organization's current state, identify areas for improvement, and create and execute action plans to continuously improve the leadership talent pipeline and drive organizational change. Overall, this leader plays a critical role in shaping the future of the organization by driving continuous improvement, fostering a positive work environment, and developing effective leaders and high-performing teams. In the role, you would be responsible for:
Strategy Development: Collaborating with senior leadership to define the organization's strategic objectives and goals. Developing strategies to build organizational capacity, enhance employee engagement, and foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Organizational Assessment: Conducting comprehensive assessments of the organization's structure, processes, culture, and performance to identify gaps and areas for improvement. Utilizing various diagnostic tools, surveys, and data analysis techniques to gather relevant information.
- Leadership Development: Designing and delivering leadership development programs to enhance the capabilities and skills of leaders. Providing coaching and feedback to senior management and executives to help them effectively lead change and achieve organizational goals.
- Talent Management: Implementing strategies to attract, retain, and develop top talent within the organization. Designing and overseeing performance management systems, employee development programs, and succession planning processes.
- Training and Development: Assessing professional and leadership training needs and designing and delivering programs to enhance skills and knowledge. Identifying and utilizing external resources, such as training consultants and workshops, to supplement internal efforts.
- Culture Transformation: Driving cultural change initiatives to align the organization's values and behaviors with its strategic objectives. Fostering a positive and inclusive work environment that encourages diversity, innovation, collaboration, and employee engagement.
- Performance Measurement and Analytics: Developing and implementing systems to track and measure the effectiveness of organizational development initiatives. Analyzing data to identify trends and areas for improvement and provide regular reports to senior leadership.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Advancing our culture of belonging by designing and implementing various solutions related to DEI. This may include leadership of our Culture Team, Employee Resource Groups, and various educational programs.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field
- Minimum of eight years of experience in organizational development or related roles
- Proven track record in designing and implementing successful organizational development strategies
- Strong knowledge of organizational assessment methodologies, change management principles, and talent development practices
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities with a data-driven mindset
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively convey complex concepts and ideas
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Master's degree
- Professional certifications in organizational development or related areas
- DDI certification or other leadership/feedback programs
- ADKAR or other change management
- ADDIE or instructional design methodology
- ICF certification
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.