Director, Corporate Communications
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
At Valvoline, “It all starts with our people.” Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Director, Corporate Communications. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Director, Corporate Communications is responsible for developing and implementing strategic communication plans to enhance the reputation and brand image of the organization. They work closely with senior management to ensure consistent messaging and effective communication across all internal and external stakeholders. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Strategic Communication Planning: Developing and executing comprehensive communication plans that align with the overall corporate strategy. Identifying key messaging and target audiences for various communication initiatives.
- Branding and Messaging: Developing and maintaining the organization's brand identity and ensuring consistent messaging across all communication channels. Working with marketing teams to create compelling and impactful brand messages.
- External Communications: Managing all external communication activities, including media relations, public relations, and corporate social responsibility initiatives. Building and nurturing relationships with key media outlets and industry influencers.
- Internal Communications: Developing and implementing internal communication strategies to foster employee engagement and ensure a consistent understanding of corporate goals, initiatives, and values. Utilizing various communication channels, such as intranet, newsletters, and town hall meetings, to effectively reach and engage employees.
- Crisis Communications: Developing crisis communication plans and protocols to effectively manage and respond to potential crises. Serving as the primary spokesperson during crisis situations and coordinating with relevant stakeholders to ensure timely and accurate communication.
- Stakeholder Relations: Building and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, including investors, customers, community leaders, and industry associations. Developing communication strategies to address their concerns and build trust and credibility.
- Content Creation and Management: Developing high-quality content, such as press releases, articles, speeches, and presentations. Ensuring that all communication materials adhere to brand guidelines and effectively convey key messages.
- Measurement and Analysis: Developing and implementing metrics to measure the effectiveness of communication efforts. Analyzing data and feedback to identify areas for improvement and adjust communication strategies accordingly.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or a related field
- Minimum of eight years of experience in corporate communications or related roles
- Strong knowledge of PR and media relations principles and practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey complex ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Crisis management experience, with the ability to handle sensitive and high-pressure situations
- Familiarity with digital communication tools and social media platforms
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to interpret data and make strategic recommendations
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Professional certifications in communications or public relations
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.