Construction Project Manager
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
At Valvoline, “It all starts with our people.” Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Construction Project Manager. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
As a Construction Project Manager, you will manage construction activities from identification through occupancy for corporate ground-up and acquisition conversion projects. Includes site feasibility/planning, design, budgeting, bid process, construction, quality assurance, and project closeout. Directs VIOC Service Providers (contractors, architects, engineers) to achieve store growth objectives. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Managing ground-up construction activities to achieve timely and cost-efficient completion of projects, achieving annual plan goals.
- Site feasibility/planning, cost estimating, review and approval of architectural/engineering plans, bid process, project buyout, project supervision, quality assurance, and project closeout.
- Oversight in assigned markets/locations. Evaluates and recommends continuous improvement to standards and specifications.
- Providing construction support for special projects and acquisition store conversions on an as-needed basis.
- Providing construction support for franchise network as needed.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architecture or Equivalent OTJ Experience Managing New Ground-Up Retail Store Construction
- Minimum 5 years experience in corporate retail construction management
- Skilled in plan interpretation and development, civil and architectural
- Experience in planning, scoping, contract analysis, budgeting, bid execution and providing quality control of multiple projects
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Travel required 60% to 75%
- This a remote position within one hour’s drive of a major airport
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.