Computer Support Analyst- Nights and Weekends
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
At Valvoline, “It all starts with our people.” Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Computer Support Analyst. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Computer Support Analyst provides technical support for all Computer Support Techs on assigned Valvoline Instant Oil Change, hardware, and/or software issues. This includes but is not limited to franchises, company locations, and franchise companies. This support includes troubleshooting, analysis, testing, and resolving unique and complex software, hardware, and network-related issues while informing the customer of progress and incident resolution. In this position, the incumbent will need knowledge of information technology organizational standards and be able to engage the appropriate group to resolve escalated issues. Responsible for coordinating technology efforts for Valvoline strategic initiatives relating to Valvoline retail, such as Electronic Data Interchange, Valvoline Learning Systems, and other initiatives. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Serving as the escalated contact for technical issues (answering questions, troubleshooting, and resolving), including but not limited to application support, network engineering, network operations, and IMACD groups on incident management, problem management, and department projects to develop and implement action plans and monitor progress to accomplish desired results. Providing quality assurance for new hardware and/or software related to POS and supporting technology for retail services. This includes but is not limited to interface and third-party software, including credit card processing, accounting interface software, and network operating software.
- Creating and analyzing reporting to identify the frequency and number of related incidents of Software/Hardware/Network. The incumbent will utilize all resources to propose solutions to unfamiliar and existing problems that cannot be resolved. Works with Help Desk Manager, Information Technology, Training, and business groups to develop processes and software options to decrease incident and problem management.
- Developing and performing quality processes pre- and post-change to ensure accuracy.
- Creating and maintaining knowledge base entry and working with other team members to ensure that Help Desk documentation is complete and up to date.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or a minimum of four years of technical support
- Minimum of four years of customer service and advanced technical support in a call center environment
- Must be customer-focused and have a sense of urgency
- Excellent computer and written/verbal communication skills
- Hardware, Software and/or Network troubleshooting abilities
- Strong planning, analysis, and formal presentation skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, notably Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Must be able to deal effectively with all types of internal/external customers
- Working knowledge of POS and business systems and interface relationships for VIOC Corporate and the VIOC Franchise user community
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.