Cloud Security Engineering Architect
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
At Valvoline, “It all starts with our people.” Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Cloud Security Engineering Architect. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Cloud Security Engineering Architect works with the cloud services, security teams, and our managed service provider(s) to engineer, configure, deploy, maintain, and secure the Valvoline and Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC) networks. Assists with developing standard processes for cloud infrastructure deployments with a security mindset and understands and implements security controls, such as MFA, key management, and rotation. This role is responsible for managing and implementing large projects or processes along with coaching, mentoring, reviewing, and delegating work to lower-level professionals. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- The architect and implementation of various services (including, but not limited to, deploying virtual machines, developing secure infrastructure, configuring IAM, etc.) into our Public Cloud environment, with a focus on a secure framework. Working with the service provider(s) to ensure systems and services are deployed per Valvoline’s standards.
- Working with the cloud and security teams to analyze, diagnose, debug, and resolve moderate to complex issues within the Valvoline server/cloud environment.
- Providing technical leadership on complex IT infrastructure security projects, representing Infrastructure Services, and championing new capabilities/service introduction.
- Understanding and employing security best practices in a cloud environment, such as implementing access controls, data encryption, and network security, system hardening. Requires a strong understanding of network security concepts, technologies, and cloud security frameworks and tools, such as VPNs, RBAC, IAM, IDS, etc.
- The architect and deployment of various services (e.g., deploy a virtual machine, databases, infrastructure as code, etc.) into our Public Cloud environment.
- Working with service providers to evaluate and implement new technology solutions and maintain existing environments to ensure systems and services are deployed per Valvoline’s standards.
- Helping the team to maintain an inventory of assets and creating, updating, and maintaining relevant documentation for IT processes and procedures. Performing daily monitoring; and verifying the integrity and availability of all systems and processes.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of network experience
- Experience with cloud security implementation and architecture
- Experience configuring and managing AWS security infrastructure
- Experience with syslog, SIEM, IDS/IPS tools
- Intermediate experience with global data networks including, but not limited to LAN, WAN, Wireless, proxy, and firewalls
- Experience architecting and implementing infrastructure, security, and/or network projects
- Intermediate experience with network configuration for server and client operating systems
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate with IT leadership, team members, third-party vendor providers, and network carriers
- Willingness to handle complex challenges
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people
- Must be able to work within the demands of a global 24x7, high availability, transaction-oriented team
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Relevant industry certifications (CISSP, CCSP, etc.)
- Experience within a large global organization
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.