The Certified Technician properly executes services on guest vehicles according to company and SuperPro standards.
1. Abide by Certified Technician SuperPro standards. Certified Technicians are expected to effectively perform the duties of SuperPro and live up to company and SuperPro standards for the Certified Technician position, focusing on guest service and relations, safety and security, daily operating procedures, and adherence to all company policies and procedures.
2. Service Center Operations. Certified Technicians are expected to be competent in performing daily operating activities.
3. Safety and Environmental Regulations. Follow all safety procedures and protocols, including wearing PPE and following of the injury procedures. Inform Manager on duty of any potential problems. Maintain service center cleanliness to attract customers and avoid safety hazards. Act in a safe manner at all times and looks out for the safety of other employees.
4. Customer Satisfaction. Certified Technicians are expected to completely review all work performed on guest vehicles. Ensures each guest understands the benefits of parts/service when making recommendations according to company standards. Ensure each guest is properly thanked and consistently perform the key drivers of customer satisfaction.
5. Code of Conduct. Certified Technicians are expected to consistently display strong work ethic, demonstrating a positive attitude and following the Employee Code of Conduct and all policies and procedures in the Employee Handbook. Contributes to a positive, anti-harassment and antidiscriminatory work environment that is focused on safety and professionalism in the workplace.
6. Professional Development. Certified Technicians are expected to take initiative to improve his or her own skills and/or advance toward the Senior Technician position.
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employees are required to stand, stoop, kneel, walk, and bend for up to 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Must have full body mobility (twisting, turning, bending, stooping, squatting. and working for extensive periods of time with hands above head)
- Work in cramped areas and in awkward body positions
- Climb ladders occasionally
- Walk up and down stairs
- Work while wearing personal protective equipment
- Work around high noise levels
- Must be able to walk/stand continuously
- Must be physically fit with unimpaired balance or mobility to work around floor openings with a depth up to ten feet
- Must be able to guide in vehicles weighing up to 10,000 GVWR
- Must have quick reflexes and ability to work in a physically demanding environment
Valvoline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.
Skills / Requirements
Physical Requirements: • Must be able to lift to 50 lbs. • Must have full body mobility (twisting, turning, bending, and working for extensive periods of time with hands above head) • Must be able to stand for extended periods of time • Must be physically fit with unimpaired balance or mobility to work around floor openings with a depth up to 10 feet • Must be able to guide in vehicles weighing up to 10,000 GVWR • Must be able to work outside, even in extreme conditions • Must have quick reflexes and ability to work in a physically demanding fast-paced environment Qualifications: • Successful completion of Technician training according to SuperPro and company standards. • Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.