Business Development Manager
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
At Valvoline, “It all starts with our people.” Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Business Development Manager (BDM). We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
This role offers a competitive, fixed base salary (non-draw) + bonus (uncapped earning potential based on results).
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Valvoline Quick Lube BDM is responsible for driving growth in the number of qualified, potential Valvoline Instant Oil Change quick lube acquisition opportunities submitted to the company or to our franchisees for consideration. The position also has responsibility for unit sales of Valvoline Express Care within the territory. This “hunter” role leverages influencing skills and external and internal resources in order to submit opportunities for acquisition by Valvoline or our franchisee in the area, or convert the independent quick lube to the Valvoline Express Care platform. The BDM will act as the company’s quick lube “expert” in their territory, and therefore must possess a comprehensive, fluent understanding of the quick lube market, the stores, and owners in their territory, as well as Valvoline’s entire quick lube platform and benefits for successful execution. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Prospecting - Identifying and targeting owner/operators in the territory for further advancement of opportunity in the process.
- Discovery - Gaining all possible knowledge of the opportunity prior to the first conversation with him/her in order to be better prepared and facilitate a more meaningful first meeting.
- Needs Analysis - Gaining an understanding of the opportunity's needs as well as wants in order to craft a formal approach that has the greatest chance of advancing the opportunity.
- Influencing/Selling - Once an opportunity is known for the opportunity and Valvoline, influence is applied in order to bring about a decision by the owner.
- Submission of Opportunity – Developing a package aligning the desires of opportunity and Valvoline. If acquired, the package is prepared/submitted for consideration. If conversion, the package is submitted for approval and further selling.
- Network Builder - Cultivating relationships and network owners with industry leaders and trade associations to expand business intelligence and manage a strong sales pipeline.
- Salesforce.com Fluency - Maintaining full competence in salesforce.com to track, report, and manage opportunities from prospecting and cold calling to influencing and closing processes.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience influencing outcomes in a long sales cycle
- Experience working in-depth with entrepreneurs and small businesses
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must possess the ability to build trusted relationships, listen and understand prospect needs and wants, influence the outcomes to satisfy the needs of Valvoline and the prospect, and work in a process-based atmosphere at an aggressive pace
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- LexisNexis knowledge
- Background and experience in the quick lube or quick automotive maintenance business
- Salesforce.com proficiency
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 41882