Automotive Technician - Honorably Discharged Veterans
Geared for the Driven
Are you an honorably discharged, or soon to be discharged military veteran and interested in converting your military background into rewarding career with Competitive pay, outstanding benefits and the opportunity for rapid advancement with continued career and compensation growth potential? Henley Enterprises Inc, the largest franchisee of Valvoline Instant Oil ChangeSM (VIOC), is hiring retired military veterans as Automotive Technicians. Whether you’re looking for a part-time job with flexible hours or a full-time career with excellent advancement potential, you’ll find it all at VIOC. With an award-winning training program and fair and honest values, we’re here to help you reach every milestone and have some fun in between. Proudly serving our customers at the following North County Locations: Vista (E. Vista Way), Vista (Sycamore Ave), El Cajon, Rancho San Diego, Encinitas, Spring Valley, Mission Gorge, Oceanside, Carmel Mountain, Escondido, Hemet , Rancho Bernardo, Escondido Central, Menifee and Canyon Lake.
Safety is always top of mind for Valvoline Instant Oil ChangeSM (VIOC), and we want you to know that we are working hard to protect our team members and our guests with our stay-in-your-car oil change process plus newly added safety measures in line with CDC guidelines.
What you'll do
As an Automotive Technician, you will help drive the continued success of VIOC by providing reliable and impeccable preventive maintenance service. Your military experience will also play a role in your service centers success by taking on key holder responsibilities and managing the team when needed. If you are ready to take the initiative, we’re here to help you put your career on the fast-track to success.
- Build trust and win repeat, loyal customers and available to work weekends
- Perform and train others on automotive preventive maintenance such as changing oil, checking and refilling other vehicle fluids, replacing filters, and inspecting and replacing lights and wipers
- Follow opening and closing procedures such as balancing cash drawers, handling cash deposits, and managing the security system
- Supervise and delegate tasks to team members when a manager is not present
- Assist the Service Center Manager (SCM) and Assistant Service Center Manager (ASCM) in the daily operation and oversight of the service center
- Become familiar with Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) compliance and other policies and procedures
- Help maintain a clean, well-organized service center and facilitate a safe and secure working environment
How you'll succeed
- You are friendly and willing to work as part of customer-focused team
- Your military background will help you advance quickly through our step-by-step training process
- Have effective interpersonal, oral communication skills
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages
- Knowledge of cash handling, facility and safety control policies and practices
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time and climb stairs
- Have full mobility and are able to twist, stoop and bend
- Flexible work schedule & competitive pay starting at $17.75/hour!
- Paid on-the-job training, based upon a nationally awarded training program
- We promote from within– 95% of upper management started in an entry level position
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation and sick time*
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plans
*Terms and conditions apply and benefits may differ depending on location
Henley Enterprises, Inc. and its affiliates are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Pay: up to $17.75/hour
stoop and bend</li></ul><p><strong></strong></p><ul><li>Flexible work schedule & competitive pay starting at <strong>$17.75/hour!</strong></li><li>Paid on-the-job training
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 8913e1ec-efd0-4c68-9211-19df7a900e3a