Automotive Service Writer
Automotive Service Writer
Lexington, VA U.S.
Salary Range: $ 12.00 to $ 15.00 (Hourly)
Accelerate your potential
Geared for the Driven
Interested in a rewarding career with great pay, outstanding benefits, and the opportunity to grow? Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC), a division of Valvoline TM, is hiring service writers in training. Our award-winning promotional program was designed to get you from hourly employee to management in no time. You’ll enjoy a wealth of benefits and support to help you reach each new milestone and have some fun in between. That’s putting your career into your own hands.
What You’ll Do:
As a service writer, you will blend your technical and customer service- based skills to create estimates and develop a strong rapport using superior customer service. No day is ever dull. You’ll be on the move, constantly interacting with your fellow teammates and guests to find the best solutions for their vehicle’s needs. You will also enjoy playing a role in your team members’ success. If you are ready to take the initiative, we’re here to help you put your career on the fast-track to success.
- Initiate automotive services and repairs by assessing issues with vehicle performance
- Make suggested repairs based upon customer concerns
- Develop estimates, create repair orders, and maintain customer records
- Examine vehicle maintenance records and suggest scheduled services
- Maintain customer rapport by providing clear explanation of estimates, communicating expected date/time of vehicle return, obtaining customer approval for repairs, obtaining, and recording accurate contact information from guests
- Answering phones and providing answers to guest’s questions or concerns
- Calculation of customer payment
- Management of vendor invoices
- Daily repair order reconciliation
- Daily inventory management
How You’ll Succeed:
- You are friendly and willing to work as part of customer-focused team
- Have effective interpersonal/ oral communication skills
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages
- Knowledge of cash handling, facility and safety control policies and practices
- Previous customer service experience strongly preferred
- Has full mobility and is capable of twisting, stooping and bending
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent
Why Choose a Career with VIOC?
For over 30 years, we’ve been bringing the convenience of fast, friendly maintenance service to busy people. Today, we operate 7 locations in Virginia and growing. We’re passionate about cars, but we’re really in the business of taking care of people. We live by the policy of promoting from within and maintaining an unwavering dedication to hiring, developing, and supporting the best talent in the world. Isn’t it time you aligned your career to your needs? Join us today!
- Competitive pay with quarterly, bonus potential
- Matching 401K
- On-the-job training
- We promote from within– a commitment we are passionate about!
- No late evenings
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid life insurance
- Voluntary short and long-term disability, and more!
PM Lube, Inc. and its affiliates are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against based on disability.