Automotive Mechanic- Sanford
Experienced Automotive Mechanics Needed
Valvoline Instant Oil Change has 3 Orlando area locations that offer full service automotive repair. We are looking for skilled Auto Mechanics to maintain and repair vehicles. You will be responsible for troubleshooting issues and fixing them aiming to maximum reliability and functionality.
We offer an hourly rate of $17-25 based on certifications and experience
Flexible hours and no late night/evening shifts
Proven experience as auto mechanic
Excellent knowledge of mechanical and electrical components of vehicles
Working knowledge of vehicle diagnostic systems and methods
Ability to handle various tools (ie - pliers) and heavy equipment (ie - lift)
Willingness to observe all safety precautions for protections against accidents, dangerous fluids, chemicals etc.
Excellent physical condition (must be able to stand for extended periods of time and life 50+ pounds)
High school diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is preferred
Valid certification (ie - ASE) is a definite plus
Experience using All Data or similar automotive software is preferred
Hold a valid driver’s license with good driving record
Have own tools
Ability to work with and without direct supervision
Must have good communication skills
Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
Inspect vehicle computer and electronic systems to repair, maintain and upgrade
Conduct routine maintenance work (replacing fluids, lubricating parts etc.) aiming to vehicle functionality and longevity
Schedule future maintenance sessions and advise motorists on good vehicle use
Repair or replace broken or dysfunctional parts and fix issues (ie - leaks)
Provide accurate estimates (cost, time, effort) for a repair or maintenance job
Keep logs on work and issues
Maintain equipment and tools in good condition
Competitive pay & flexible work schedule
No late evenings
Paid vacation and holidays*
Medical, dental, vision, Life and 401(k) savings plans*
Reimbursement for ASE Certifications testing fees
Skills / Requirements
- 2 ASE certifications or equivalent
- 2+ years automotive repair experience
- Hold a valid driver's license
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Have own tools
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Lift up to 50 lbs.
- Team Player
- Ability to work with and without direct supervision
- Scheduling flexibility
- You'll also need a high level of motivation, energy, and a customer-focused attitude.
- Diagnose and repair to specs: brakes and hydraulic, exhaust systems
- Removal, installation, adjustment, rebuilding and replacing of shoes disc pads, bearings, shock absorbers, mufflers, tail pipes, etc.
- Perform tune-ups, wheel alignments
- Install batteries and electrical systems
- Advise vehicle owners of mechanical problems and suggest appropriate means of repair.
- Road test vehicles and perform vehicle inspection/courtesy checks.
- Maintain ASE certifications.
- Continuously learn new technical information and techniques in formal training sessions in order to become more proficient in automotive diagnosis and repair
- Assist and instruct other mechanics in performing diagnostic and repair services (this dependent on the level of experience)
- Learn how to diagnose and repair basic systems to become certified in a minimum of 5 areas with a preference for brakes, alignments, suspensions, cooling and electrical
OUTSTANDING BENEFITS AVAILABLE!
- Medical and Dental Coverage Options
- Vision Plan, Disability and Life Insurance Options
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Service Discounts
- Reimbursement for ASE Certifications testing fees
- Multiple career advancement opportunities within company at various locations
- A Fast Paced, Fun, Work Environment
- Flexible Hours & No Late Evening or Night Shifts
Background check required