Assistant Service Center Manager - Henrico West Broad Street
$18.00 * Medical * Dental * Vision * Paid Time Off & Holidays * Tuition Reimbursement * 401(k) Retirement Savings with Match * Back-up Family Care
We are opening a new store in the Henrico West Broad Street area around the end of December, 2023. We are looking to hire an Assistant Manager who will train at our Quioccasin Road location before moving to the new store.
As an Assistant Service Center Manager (ASCM), you are the right hand of the Service Center Manager. You are responsible for taking the lead in helping build a high-performance team capable of differentiating Valvoline Instant Oil Change’s (VIOC) service experience from all other providers. In addition to working on cars and taking care of our guests, you will advise, train, and supervise hourly employees.
At VIOC, “It all starts with our people.” Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The perks and benefits we’ll provide:
- Competitive weekly pay, paid time off (PTO), and holiday pay
- Flexible work schedule: No late evenings or holidays
- Paid on-the-job training – No previous automotive experience is required
- Company provided uniforms and tools
- Tuition and certification assistance and access to a FREE online university
- Medical and prescription drug coverage – with Health Savings Account contributions
- Dental, vision, and 401(k) retirement savings plans – 100% match up to 5%
- We promote from within – a commitment we are passionate about
- Back-up Child and Elder Care
- 50% discount on VIOC automotive services
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on location.
How you’ll make a difference:
- Perform oil changes and additional car maintenance services
- Assist the Service Center Manager (SCM) in the daily operation and oversight of the service center
- Deliver a positive first impression to each guest with a warm and friendly greeting
- Build trust and win repeat, loyal customers
- Support the SCM with inventory, labor management, and financial performance of the service center
- Mentor, lead, and train the team to optimize their development
- Help maintain a clean, well-organized service center and facilitate a safe and secure working environment
- Become familiar with Environmental, Health & Safety compliance and other policies and procedures
What you’ll need to succeed:
- Six months of supervisory experience required, preferably in a retail environment
- A friendly spirit and willingness to work as part of a customer-focused team, with effective interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of cash handling, facility, and safety control policies and practices
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds
- Be able to stand for extended periods of time and climb stairs
- Comfortable working in a non-climate-controlled environment
- Have full mobility and can twist, stoop, and bend
- High school diploma or equivalent
- English fluency in reading, writing, and speaking
How you’ll advance in your career:
At VIOC, your roadmap to career advancement is limitless! Click here to learn more and to hear from some of our ‘Vamily’ members. With an award-winning training program, commitment to safety, and fair and honest values, we’re here to help you reach every milestone.
Valvoline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes everyone to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.com to make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.