The Assistant Service Manager at Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC) is a key member of our local team from both a technical and managerial standpoint. This role is ideal for a person who wants to lead one of our service centers and is ready to start taking the initiative among auto technicians. With the goal to become a Service Center Manager, this position sets up our team members for success.
A day in the life of an Assistant Service Manager at VIOC changes rapidly hour by hour.
- Supervising and mentoring all service Technicians
- Providing service training to new Technicians
- Helping the Service Center Manager to find solutions for customer service
- Provide superior customer service leadership
- Running inventory, scheduling and payroll as business elements of the service center
- Help to maintain a clean, well-organized service center and facilitate a safe and secure working environment
- Open and/or close the service center under specific direction of the Service Center Manager
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook and company communications
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employees are required to stand, stoop, kneel, walk, and bend for up to 8 hours.
- Must be able to lift to 50 lbs.
- Must have full body mobility (twisting, turning, bending, stooping, squatting. and working for extensive periods of time with hands above head)
- Work in cramped areas and in awkward body positions
- Climb ladders occasionally
- Walk up and down stairs
- Work while wearing personal protective equipment
- Work around high noise levels
- Must be able to walk/stand continuously
- Must be physically fit with unimpaired balance or mobility to work around floor openings with a depth up to ten feet
- Must be able to guide in vehicles weighing up to 10,000 GVWR
- Must have quick reflexes and ability to work in a physically demanding environment
Work Experience and/or Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of supervisory experience or related experience/training preferred
We offer medical, dental, vision and 401k
Candidates will participate in a six month training program that includes understanding of the Technician, Customer Service Advisor and Senior Technician positions
We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer