Assistant Manager In Training (same- day pay option available)
The Assistant Service Manager at Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC) is a key member of our local team from both a technical and managerial standpoint. This role is ideal for a person who wants to lead one of our service centers and is ready to start taking the initiative among auto technicians. With the goal to become a Service Center Manager, this position sets up our team members for success.
A day in the life of an Assistant Service Manager at VIOC changes rapidly hour by hour.
- Supervising and mentoring all service Technicians
- Providing service training to new Technicians
- Helping the Service Center Manager to find solutions for customer service
- Provide superior customer service leadership
- Running inventory, scheduling and payroll as business elements of the service center
- Help to maintain a clean, well-organized service center and facilitate a safe and secure working environment
- Open and/or close the service center under specific direction of the Service Center Manager
- Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook and company communications
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices
Work Experience and/or Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of supervisory experience or related experience/training preferred
The perks and benefits we'll provide for you:
- Competitive pay starting at $15.50/hour, flexible pay options including Daily Pay, payroll debit cards and direct deposit.
- Paid vacation, and holiday pay.
- Flexible work schedule. - No late evenings.
- Paid on-the-job-training. - No previous automotive experience is required.
- Medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plans - 100% match up to 3%
- We promote from within - a commitment we are passionate about.
- Company provides uniforms and tools.
- 40% discount on Valvoline Instant Oil Change automotive services.
- Candidates will participate in a six month training program that includes understanding of the Technician, Customer Service Advisor and Senior Technician positions
- Valvoline has spent 150 years under the hood perfecting our lubricants to improve vehicle performance. Our long history of success is an indication of the stability of our company.
- We are An Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
Working at Valvoline Instant Oil Change
At VIOC, we support our Assistant Service Manager in order to provide a clear career path toward a Service Center Manager position. We strive to recognize our current employees and promote from within. We do hire deserving candidates directly as Assistant Service Center Managers as well and provide a VIOC fast-paced training course, so if you feel you encompass the experience and skillset to succeed, we encourage you to apply today!
By applying for the Assistant Service Center Manager position at VIOC, you are putting your career in your own hands. The opportunity lies far beyond a job with a clear career track. We value our employee’s honesty, push for effective work ethics, recognize achievement and focus on self-improvement and ongoing learning. Apply today to begin your path to success at VIOC.