Application Systems Specialist
We’ve been in the car business for more than 150 years, starting with the invention of the world’s first branded motor oil. Today, we’re a global leader in automotive services and lubricants, driven every day by a people-centered focus on innovation and service excellence. We’re looking for humble, hungry and smart people to help us power the future of mobility. If you’re looking for a collaborative and flexible work environment that invests in your growth and success, you’ve come to the right place.
At Valvoline, “It all starts with our people.” Creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences is our highest priority. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Careers for the Driven
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as an Application Systems Specialist. We whole-heartedly adopt a ‘never idle' mindset. We also know that outstanding service begins and ends with our employees. So, we’re looking for good people to join our team. You bring your skills, talents, and drive. We will give you a great place to work, a competitive salary and benefits, and the resources and support to develop and advance within our global company.
How You’ll Make an Impact
The Application Systems Specialist will provide day-to-day technical and/or process support for business applications that are used by Valvoline to enable business operations. This entry-level role will install and configure software, write database and operating system scripts, and work with other IT staff/partners on operating systems, database, and/or software upgrades, as well as other technical projects as needed. Most activities will be under direct supervision until adequate knowledge has been gained. In the role, you would be responsible for:
- Providing support/maintenance for software and hardware for applications in an area of responsibility. This includes reacting to internal alerts, service desk tickets, and participating in after-hours on-call support. Work Schedule: Saturday 8 AM-5 PM EST, Sunday 10 AM-6 PM EST, Monday-Friday 1 PM-9 PM EST (any 2 days off Mon-Fri, your choice)
- Working with business partners to diagnose, resolve, and document issues related to the applications in your area of responsibility.
- Creates, configures, or enhances applications or reports to improve the efficiency of business operations.
- Develops and maintains general scripts (batch, VBScript, PowerShell, SQL, etc.), that are used to support the business applications in your area.
- Develops ad-hoc scripts or queries, as needed, to gather information requested by business partners.
- Participating in project work to maintain/upgrade components of the business applications in your area of responsibility. This consists of items such as OS upgrades, firmware upgrades, database upgrades, application updates/upgrades, and hardware/software testing.
- Learning, understanding, and following Corporate and IT policies and procedures. Ensuring IT security is consulted regarding projects using new technology, guaranteeing compliance with all auditing, security, data privacy, and PCI regulations.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum of two years of experience
- Experience with Microsoft operating system platforms
- Basic SQL proficiency (Oracle, MS SQL Server, MySQL)
- Proficient in Microsft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Work Schedule: Saturday 8 AM-5 PM EST, Sunday 10 AM-6 PM EST, Monday-Friday 1 PM-9 PM EST (any 2 days off Mon-Fri, your choice)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Willingness to continually learn and enhance skills
- Excels in a quick paced environment
- Ability to:
- work under direct supervision
- work as part of a team or individually
- perform routine activities in a structured environment
- contribute to identifying own development opportunities
- apply newly acquired knowledge to develop new skills
- Excellent communication skills for effective dialogue with others
- Demonstrates an organized approach to work
- Problem-solving skills
- VIOC Platforms
- Application Software - Oracle, SQL (Database Administration (SQL Server Management Studio, SQL Developer), Java, PowerShell, Windows Server 2012/2016, Application Development, Citrix, Webmethods, WebLogic, LDAP, Active Directory, Group Policy, Control-M, IBM Big Fix, Carbon Black, Bit9
- Hardware - Dell WYSE Thin Clients, Dell Servers, Lexmark and Okidata printers, Barcode readers, Fingerprint scanners, Dell DRAC interface, Firmware updates, and management, Fortinet Routers and Switches, Basic understanding of network topologies
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
What Will Set You Apart
- Minimum of one year of experience in the support and/or enhancement of IT solutions or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of one year of experience in SQL Server, Oracle, Java, PowerShell and Windows Server 2016
- Experience with a retail environment
Benefits That Drive Themselves
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Are you good at what you do? Join us.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided, upon request, to applicants with disabilities in order to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.