Social Media Reputation Manager
It All Starts with Our People
As the leader in automotive preventive maintenance, Valvoline has a proven track record of growth. We continue to invest in our people, processes, and technology to strengthen our ability to efficiently deliver Quick, Easy, Trusted service across all our stores – every day. We're not just in the car business; we're in the people business. And we're looking for humble, hungry, and smart people to help us shape the future of mobility. If you're hungry to drive change and seek a dynamic, collaborative environment that fuels both personal and professional growth, you've found your place with us.
Our highest priority is creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Social Media Reputation Manager. In this role, you will lead and develop a team of Valvoline brand ambassadors who listen and respond to consumer feedback with Brand Voice, work to resolve escalated consumer interactions over a variety of social/emerging media channels, and actively promote Valvoline as a world-class customer experience brand. You will support new customer acquisition and existing customer retention strategies by 1) collaborating with Brand & Consumer Engagement teams on the overarching Valvoline social strategy and ensuring day-to-day projects and social content drive towards it; 2) developing and implementing methods to increase social review volume to improve Valvoline’s online star rating and reputation; 3) providing robust data and analytics about Valvoline's online reputation that drives customer-centric decision making throughout the organization; and 4) ensuring highly effective quality control, crisis management and public relations processes are in place to mitigate brand and business disruption.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Management plus Leadership of a brand ambassador team that listens and responds to our consumers while promoting the Valvoline Brand. Manages day-to-day operations of the team, analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, and developing standards related to the Social Media strategy of Valvoline. Develops the team to be highly effective brand ambassadors who are skilled in Valvoline’s brand voice, personality, and tone. Team competency and skill development are focused on customer care, marketing, and corporate communications career paths. Ensures a strong strategic approach to promoting the brand, improving its online reputation, and mitigating the spread of negative posts, mentions, etc. Makes personnel decisions for the brand ambassador team, including hiring, promoting, and terminating in consultation with HR. Developing and managing area profit plans ($500M to $1MM) by teaching Service Center Managers to increase revenues ($4MM - $8MM area level) and plan/manage all store-level expenses. Requires expertise in financial statements (balance sheet and P&L), sales growth (product/service mix & new product roll-out), budgeting, labor utilization, claims, and inventory management.
- Provides robust data and analytics about Valvoline's online reputation, brand ambassador team performance, and brand campaign performance in a way that tells a compelling story and influences action and prioritization of work. Works to aggregate social data with other channels of customer feedback (Call Center, Post-Visit Survey, etc.) to provide a 360-degree view of the Voice of the Customer. Supports Customer Satisfaction Survey Platform administrative tasks to stay close to customer feedback through that channel. Manages the vendor for Social Listening, Responding and Reporting Management. Ensuring team knowledge and compliance with all federal, state, and local laws. Requires the ability to train store personnel and monitor compliance with EHS and HR standards set forth by Valvoline/VIOC's subject matter experts.
- Supports new customer acquisition by leading and influencing projects that drive the volume of online reviews. Partners with Brand and Consumer Engagement teams on content creation and performance reporting for brand campaigns, marketing promotions and organic social content to acquire new customers and retain existing customers. Partners with Corporate and Franchise leadership on Community and Social Responsibility activity to ensure strong promotion, mitigating any negative social content, and celebrating the impact of the events with leadership teams.
- Quality Control plus Crisis Management: Produces queue reports to ensure staffing & quality control of social media queues and brand priorities. Partners with Customer Care, Corporate Communications, Legal, Marketing, and Operations Teams to ensure a "one voice" approach to managing escalated customer situations, claims, and any crisis situations that arise. Lead coordinator for Valvoline social crisis management plan in partnership with Internal Comms, Legal, and Valvoline Global teams. Researches and stays current in ideas and trends in using social media for managing and/or mitigating crisis situations.
- Supports organizational growth and brand development by prioritizing listening and responding to Valvoline Pilot programs and collaborating with brand campaign teams on content. Responsible for presenting key performance indicators of a pilot program and brand ambassador team performance to stakeholders.
- Continual Development: Performs research on current social benchmark trends, consumer preferences, and online reputation management tools. Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s degree required, with a specialty in Marketing, Advertising, or Communications preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience as a social media manager or similar role
- Minimum of three years of customer service people leadership or similar role
- Minimum of three years of experience with social media content management
- Minimum of three recent years of experience using social media management platforms
- Minimum of five years of professional experience
- Excellent computer and written/verbal communications skills
- Must be able to deal effectively with all types of internal/external customers with the ability to maintain composure during stressful situations
- Able to work independently as well as be a team player
- Ability to identify, track, and analyze relevant social media KPIs and communicate actionable insights
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Attention to detail, critical thinking, and problem-solving; ability to be strategic
- Innovative and creative in the social media and marketing space
- Strong knowledge of online and social management and marketing platforms
- Expert in social media and online reputation management tools and professionally engaged in social networks
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We Take Care of the WHOLE You
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Your Path to Valvoline
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Join us in revolutionizing the automotive aftermarket industry while enjoying competitive benefits, a supportive work culture, and opportunities for advancement. Apply now and become an integral part of our journey at Valvoline.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request to applicants with disabilities to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.