It All Starts with Our People
As the leader in automotive preventive maintenance, Valvoline has a proven track record of growth. We continue to invest in our people, processes, and technology to strengthen our ability to efficiently deliver Quick, Easy, Trusted service across all our stores – every day. We're not just in the car business; we're in the people business. And we're looking for humble, hungry, and smart people to help us shape the future of mobility. If you're hungry to drive change and seek a dynamic, collaborative environment that fuels both personal and professional growth, you've found your place with us.
Our highest priority is creating a diverse and welcoming workplace with team members from varied backgrounds and experiences. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Valvoline has a rewarding opportunity as a Claims Specialist. In this role, you will manage and handle general liability, auto, property, and personal injury claims, including investigating and determining
liability, confirming coverage, establishing damages, communicating with customers/attorneys, and negotiating a settlement.
Valvoline Headquarters is located in Lexington, KY. This role offers a hybrid work model.
How You'll Make a Difference
- Act as a liaison between Valvoline, the insurance broker/provider, third-party administrators, claimants, and/or third-party insurers regarding claims and/or disputes.
- Serve as the Legal Tracker E-Billing Administrator and Riskonnect Administrator's backup for the Law Department.
- Manage customer service claims questions/concerns.
- Establish reserves, record and analyze claims.
- Recommend litigation to the Senior Legal Specialist when a settlement cannot be negotiated.
- Complete reports for insurance renewals and actuarial analysis.
- Responsible for Medicare queries, reporting, and compliance as needed.
- Research and respond to subpoenas and Attorney General complaints in a timely manner.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all claim-related activities, including documentation and correspondence.
- Other duties and responsibilities as determined by Valvoline from time to time in its sole discretion.
What You'll Need to Succeed
- Bachelor's degree in business or a related field (preferred)
- Minimum of five years of experience in claims adjusting
- Results-driven with an ability to focus on organizational growth and financial performance
- Ability to keep composure and handle all situations professionally
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills to gather information, analyze facts, and make recommendations based on information collected
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills with a commitment to meeting deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with members of other departments in order to support their functions
- Experience in the automotive industry (preferred)
- Experience with Riskonnect and/or Legal Tracker (preferred)
- Insurance Adjustor's License (preferred)
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
We Take Care of the WHOLE You
- Health insurance plans (medical, dental, vision)
- HSA and flexible spending accounts
- Incentive opportunity*
- Life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and holidays*
- Employee Assistance Program
- Valvoline Instant Oil Change discounts
- Tuition reimbursement*
- Adoption assistance*
*Terms and conditions apply, and benefits may differ depending on position.
Your Path to Valvoline
Valvoline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Join us in revolutionizing the automotive aftermarket industry while enjoying competitive benefits, a supportive work culture, and opportunities for advancement. Apply now and become an integral part of our journey at Valvoline.
The Company endeavors to make its recruitment process accessible to any and all users. Reasonable accommodations will be provided upon request to applicants with disabilities to facilitate equal opportunity throughout the recruitment and selection process. Please contact Human Resources at 1.833.VVV.Report or email ECC@valvoline.comto make a request for reasonable accommodation during any aspect of the recruitment and selection process. The contact information is for accommodation requests only; do not use this contact information to inquire about the status of applications.