Auto Tech-Entry LevelApply Now
Job DetailsJob ID 2538593 Location: Granite City, Illinois Address: 3140 Nameoki Road, Granite City, IL, 62040 Date posted 05/02/2017 *This job is eligible for a retention bonus*
The Automotive Technician at Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC) is part of the backbone of our success at each service center. The role encompasses active car maintenance duties as well as customer service abilities. A Senior Technician will begin a comprehensive mechanic training program with you beginning your first day. This is an excellent entry-level position to the VIOC family and there is no previous mechanic training required.
A day in the life of an Automotive Technician at VIOC combines mechanical and customer service skills at fast-paced level.
- Servicing and replacing oil and air filters
- Automotive grease fittings
- Inspecting and replacing car lights and wipers
- Checking, refilling and changing oil and other vehicle fluids
- Rotating tires
- Working in a team atmosphere to provide quick and excellent service
- Helping customers understand their automotive needs
- Maintaining a clean and presentable workplace
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of safety policies and practices
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must have full mobility, twisting, and working for extended periods of time with hands above the head
- Must stoop several times per vehicle up to numerous times per hour of work
- Must be able to stand for extended period of time each shift worked
- Must be able to climb stairs
- Must be able to use the computer
Work Experience and/or Education:
- Reliable Transportation Required
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer medical, dental, vision and 401k
- Onsite training program to become a Certified Automotive Technician
- Within 6 to 9 months, Senior Technicians can take part in the Assistant Service Center Manager training program while continuing to serve in their current role
- Currently, 90% of the Regional Managers, almost all of the District Managers and 98% of the Service Center Managers for our VIOC business came from an hourly service center position
- Valvoline has spent 150 years under the hood perfecting our lubricants to improve vehicle performance. Our long history of success is an indication of the stability of our company.
This position requires an individual to showcase knowledge of learned VIOC products and procedures in order to successfully explain necessary services to customers. Daily activities will be performed in an open service center that may provide varying temperatures. There will be physical activity that may require lifting up to 50 pounds of weight and working on a vehicle while standing on your feet for long periods of time.
Working at Valvoline Instant Oil Change
At VIOC, we provide hands-on training to become a Certified Technician. That means, whether your previous experience is or is not in the auto mechanics industry, we want you to apply to become an Automotive Technician! We strive to recognize our current employees and promote from within. Our goal is to provide the opportunity to become a Senior Technician and, in turn, the opening for a managerial role through self-improvement and mentorship.
By applying for the Automotive Technician position at VIOC, you are putting your career in your own hands. The opportunity lies far beyond a job with a clear career track. We value our employee’s honesty, push for effective work ethics, recognize achievement and focus on self-improvement and ongoing learning. Apply today to begin your path to success at VIOC.