The Automotive Technician at Valvoline Instant Oil Change (VIOC) is part of the backbone of our success at each service center. The role encompasses active car maintenance duties as well as customer service abilities. An Automotive Technician will begin a comprehensive mechanic training program with you beginning your first day. This is an excellent entry-level position to the VIOC family and there is no previous mechanic training required.
A day in the life of an Automotive Technician at VIOC combines mechanical and customer service skills at fast-paced level.
- Servicing and replacing oil and air filters
- Automotive grease fittings
- Inspecting and replacing car lights and wipers
- Checking, refilling and changing oil and other vehicle fluids
- Rotating tires
- Working in a team atmosphere to provide quick and excellent service
- Helping customers understand their automotive needs
- Maintaining a clean and presentable workplace
Knowledge and Skills:
- Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of safety policies and practices
Work Experience and/or Education:
Must have reliable transportation
Benefits, Privileges and Growth Opportunities
- We offer medical, dental, vision and 401k
- Onsite training program to become a Certified Automotive Technician
- Currently, 100% of the Market Managers, almost all of the Area Managers and 100% of the Service Center Managers for our VIOC business came from an hourly service center position
- Valvoline has spent 150 years under the hood perfecting our lubricants to improve vehicle performance. Our long history of success is an indication of the stability of our company.
Compensation for Automotive Technicians
- Based on Experience
- Starting at $9.50/ hour
- Raises offered after 60 days
This position requires an individual to showcase knowledge of learned VIOC products and procedures in order to successfully explain necessary services to customers. Daily activities will be performed in an open service center that may provide varying temperatures. There will be physical activity that may require lifting up to 50 pounds of weight and working on a vehicle while standing on your feet for long periods of time.
Working at Valvoline Instant Oil Change
At VIOC, we provide hands-on training to become a Certified Technician. That means, whether your previous experience is or is not in the auto mechanics industry, we want you to apply to become an Automotive Technician! We strive to recognize our current employees and promote from within. Our goal is to provide the opportunity to become a Senior Technician and, in turn, the opening for a managerial role through self-improvement and mentorship.
By applying for the Automotive Technician position at VIOC, you are putting your career in your own hands. The opportunity lies far beyond a job with a clear career track. We value our employee’s honesty, push for effective work ethics, recognize achievement and focus on self-improvement and ongoing learning. Apply today to begin your path to success at VIOC.
Valvoline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability